|Smoked CrockPot Pork Shoulder
Recipe type: Main
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 6 hours
Total time: 6 hours 15 mins
Tender,juicy and no fuss holiday main entree.
- Pork shoulder 8-10lbs
- 1 can of Coke
- 1 tbs of garlic powder
- 1 tbs of paprika
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tsp of of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 tsp of ground mustard
- 3 tbs of salt
- 1 tbs of onion powder
- 2 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1 tbs of chili powder
- 1 cup of wood chip
- aluminum foil
- Put shoulder on a plastic cutting board
- Give yourself a clean working space and plenty of room
- In a large mixing bowl place all the spices and mix thoroughly
- Once combined rub meat down with all the spices
- Place meat into the rub mixing bowl and chill overnight
- Soak wood chip and place them in an aluminum foil packet, place it in the bottom of the crockpot. Seal well.
- Turn crockpot on low and place meat into crockpot
- Once you have place the meat in the crock, pour one can of coke over it
- Add in one cup of water
- Cook on low for 10-12 hrs or on high for 6-8
Remove meat from package and get a sharp knife.
Cut a diamond pattern in the top of fat but not cutting all the way through.
Soak the wood chips for about 10-15 min in water.
Wrap them up tightly in foil, poking holes so the smoke gets out.
Place wood chips in the bottom of the crockpot and 1/2 way through transfer to the top.
Place rubbed meat in crock pot
Pour one can of coke over the meat