|CrockPot Pasta Sauce|
- 8 15oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- 2 jars of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 tbs of dried oregano
- 2 tbs of dried basil
- 1tbs of thyme
- 1 tbs of onion powder
- 1 tbs of dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tbs of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1lb of ground beef
- 1 pound of light life veggie crumbles
- 1 cup of frozen onions
- 1 cup of frozen green peppers
- 2 zucchini
- 2 packages of mushrooms
- 1 squash
- 1 tbs of oil
- 1 tbs of salt halved
- Turn crockpot on High
- Empty all cans and jars of sauce into crock
- Add in seasonings
- Press or mince garlic and add it in
- Stir to combine
- Add in brown sugar and stir
- Lastly add in salt
- Let mixture cook for 4-6 hrs on high
- Stir occasionally and depending on your crock you may need to adjust the temp to low for the last two hours.
- In a food processor, or you can leave them chunky add in squash, zucchini and mushrooms, Using the shredding disk shred all the veggies
- Add in onions and peppers and all veggies with oil
- Saute until soft and add in meat and veggie crumbles
- Cook until ground beef is completely cooked through
- Add meat into the sauce.
Adding in the spices
Softened veggies and cooked meat, perfect way to get your husband and kids to eat veggies!
I had to remove 2 cups of sauce to add in meat. (reserve sauce for pizza later)
Freeze leftovers for quick lunches!
Store in freezer once frozen.
This sauce is so versatile! You can do anything you want with it, I would make this over and over again. This was probably the best sauce i have ever made, it was so darn good!