|Almond Chocolate Crockpot Cake || || |
Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour 35 mins
Super simple and delicious almond chocolate cake! No icing required and this cake is something your won't soon forget, moist, chocolatey and amazing. Our home gave it 6 thumbs up!
- Yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1-2 egg or egg substitute
- 1/8 cup of water (optional)
- small bag of almonds or other nut
- chocolate chips (chocolate and white)
- Mix all the ingredients together except the almonds and chocolate chips which will go on top
- Add the eggs last. We added a little water to the mixture to make sure it was the right consistency (that is optional)
- Bake on high for about 1-2 hours. Crockpots bake different check yours after an hour. We also placed a paper towel inside the crock to trap moisture and avoid a soggy cake.
- Once the cake is finished, remove it from the crock. A crockpot sling is preferable but not required.
- Add the chocolate chips and almonds immediately and serve warm!
Recipe by Lets Get Crockin at http://www.letsgetcrockin.com/2012/05/almond-chocolate-crockpot-cake/