|Spiced Citrus Crockpot Tea || || |
Recipe type: Drink
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 3 hours
Total time: 3 hours 10 mins
This was a nice additional to a warm afternoon. I remember when my mom put out the sun tea when I was little and let it work it's magic. The crockpot is no different. How could something so normal, make something so amazing! I hope you enjoy this light fresh recipe as much as we did!
- 1 Large Tea Bag (or 3-4 small bags depending on how you like your tea)
- 4 cups of boiling water
- 4 tablespoons of honey (if you like sweet tea add 2 more)
- 6oz of pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon of allspice
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- Boil the water in the microwave and place it into the crockpot.
- Place the tea bag(s) into the crockpot. We left our teabag in the entire time because we prefer strong tea. If you prefer weaker tea, remove the tea bag after 30 minutes
- Add the orange and pineapple juices
- Add honey, allspice, cinnamon and orange peel to the crockpot
- Set on high for 3 hours.
- Strain the tea using a coffee filter after 3 hours and serve warm.
- Optional Ingredients:
- Kiwi, Limes, Strawberries, Raspberries or anything else you like!!
Recipe by Lets Get Crockin at http://www.letsgetcrockin.com/2012/04/spiced-citrus-crockpot-tea/