|Crockpot Southwestern Chicken & Rice|
- 1.5 lbs. chicken tenders or breasts
- 1 (16 oz.) jar salsa
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans (drained)
- 1 can of corn (drained)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- to taste cracked pepper
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1 bag of rice (SteamFresh)
- 2 oz. of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients except the rice, cheese, and cilantro to the slow cooker along with 1/2 cup of water. Give everything a good stir and make sure the chicken is covered in the mixture.
- Cook for 8 hours on low
- After 8 hours of cooking, stir with a fork to shred the chicken (it should be super tender and will shred easily).
- I purchased a SteamFresh bag of Long Grain Brown Rice, and microwaved it for 4 minutes. Then placed my rice at the bottom of the bowl.
- I topped it with cheese and cilantro.
Place the chicken at the bottom of the crockpot (you’ll want to make sure it’s completely covered)
Here are some of the many spices I used!
Add all the ingredients except cilantro, rice and cheese
Use a fork and pull apart the chicken.
Place your rice in the bottom of the bowl.
Add your southwest chicken, cilantro and cheese! Enjoy!
if you have Pinterest and remember to follow us!!