|Crockpot Mashed Potatoes || || |
Recipe type: Side Dish
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 hours
Total time: 5 hours 10 mins
This is a fantastic and simple recipe that is going to help free up your stove especially during the holidays! Remember that if you choose to use this recipe, potatoes cook differently so give yourself at least 45min-1 hour of extra time. The final product will keep well on warm!
- 5 pounds of potatoes
- 1 stick of butter + 1/2 stick of button
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 3 oz of Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- Cut your potatoes and add to the crockpot
- Add water to the crockpot until the potatoes are covered
- Add 1/2 stick of butter to the crockpot, cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
- Once the potatoes are softened, strain and place into a mixing bowl
- Add butter, milk, sour cream and velveeta cheese. Mix with a mixer until smooth. If needed add more milk or cream.
- Add the spices and transfer back to the crockpot to keep warm until served.
Recipe by Lets Get Crockin at http://www.letsgetcrockin.com/2012/04/crockpot-mashed-potatoes/