|Copycat Olive Garden Alferdo - Crockpot Version || || |
Recipe type: Entree
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 5 hours
Total time: 5 hours 15 mins
This was DELICIOUS!! It literally tasted just like the Olive Garden, I was so so so impressed. This recipe makes ALOT of sauce - probably 8-12 servings depending on how much sauce is given to each person. We also froze half of the sauce and will reheat it slowly, try to avoid the microwave if possible, this sauce tends to break.
- 1 Stick of Butter (we actually recommend cutting this slightly to maybe 3/4 of a stick)
- 1 Quart of Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 cups of Half & Half (this can be heavy cream as well, but it's cheaper to use Half & Half b/c we had it on had)
- 1/4 of block Parmesan cheese. When grated this becomes about 1 cup. If you would like to use 1 cup of Kraft Grated Parmesan I'm sure that would work.
- 2 oz of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- add pepper for flavor (white pepper is preferred b/c it blends with the sauce, black pepper is fine and won't affect the taste)
- Grate the Parmesan cheese and set it aside. If you want to use Kraft Parmesan cheese, just use a cup.
- Add the heavy cream and half & half.
- Add the butter and cream cheese
- Add the spices
- Add the cheese and stir thoroughly
- Set on high for one hour.
- IMPORTANT, place 3 paper towels on the top just inside the crockpot to trap the condensation so that it does not fall back into the crockpot and break the sauce.
- Set on high for an hour
- After an hour stir thoroughly
- After one more hour, place on low and continue to cook for 3 more hours (total cook time 5 hours)
- The sauce should thicken as it cooks and as it cools it will really thicken.
Recipe by Lets Get Crockin at http://www.letsgetcrockin.com/2012/04/copycat-olive-garden-alferdo-crockpot-version/