|Copycat Olive Garden Alferdo – Crockpot Version|
- 1 Stick of Butter (we actually recommend cutting this slightly to maybe 3/4 of a stick)
- 1 Quart of Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 cups of Half & Half (this can be heavy cream as well, but it’s cheaper to use Half & Half b/c we had it on had)
- 1/4 of block Parmesan cheese. When grated this becomes about 1 cup. If you would like to use 1 cup of Kraft Grated Parmesan I’m sure that would work.
- 2 oz of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- add pepper for flavor (white pepper is preferred b/c it blends with the sauce, black pepper is fine and won’t affect the taste)
- Grate the Parmesan cheese and set it aside. If you want to use Kraft Parmesan cheese, just use a cup.
- Add the heavy cream and half & half.
- Add the butter and cream cheese
- Add the spices
- Add the cheese and stir thoroughly
- Set on high for one hour.
- IMPORTANT, place 3 paper towels on the top just inside the crockpot to trap the condensation so that it does not fall back into the crockpot and break the sauce.
- Set on high for an hour
- After an hour stir thoroughly
- After one more hour, place on low and continue to cook for 3 more hours (total cook time 5 hours)
- The sauce should thicken as it cooks and as it cools it will really thicken.
7 ingredients required.
Grate the Parmesan cheese, and place off to the side.
Add the heavy cream and the half & half to the crockpot.
Add the butter and cream cheese to the crockpot.
Add the garlic and onion powder and cheese.
After one hour stir the sauce and make sure that everything is mixed thoroughly.
Boil some pasta!
Enjoy! It was absolutely AMAZING.